The Alumni Medical Library Interlibrary Loan (ILL) Department provides loans of books, book chapters and journal articles for a base fee of $6 per each item ordered. You can view the ILL Web page for more information on this service. You can also submit an ILL request using this form.
The resource links below are made available to help you order documents directly from a variety of commercial suppliers if you choose NOT to use the ILL services of the Medical Library. Use these links to browse a variety of sites providing access to millions of scientific documents.
- Documentis Information Retrieval Services offers a variety of service options so that you may customize requests to meet your needs. Includes photocopies of published articles, papers from conference proceedings, technical reports, dissertations, government reports. Specializes in RUSH requests.
- InfoNOW (formerly Biomedical Information Service, or BIS): articles and books from the health sciences: medicine, nursing, dentistry, public health and health care delivery, pharmacology, and mortuary science.
- British Library Document Supply Centre supplier of articles, conference papers, book loans, and more.
- Fiz AutoDoc supplies journal articles, patent documents, reports, conference papers, proceedings and other publications.
- Infotrieve retrieves articles from libraries around the world. Offers customized billing options.
- IngentaConnect provides free online access and searching from a database of periodicals. From these titles you may order articles.
- Linda Hall Library books, journals, preprints, specified specs and standards, government documents, technical reports and conference proceedings. Over 1 million monographs, 40,000 serial titles, over 1 million technical reports and most industry and military standards.
- Paperchase provides access to articles listed in MEDLINE and other biomedical databases.
- This List of Document Delivery Suppliers, compiled by Jean Shipman at Spencer S. Eccles Health Sciences Library University of Utah Health Sciences Center, gives basic information on over 20 commercial document delivery services.